[Xmca-l] Re: Intellect and consciousness

"A" paradigmatic exemplar will do, Mike.
Vygotsky worked hard on the emotions, but my reading of his work on the
emotions is that he did not bring his methodological work to a
conclusive outcome, but I think nonetheless, writers of our time have been able to write Vygotskyan studies of the emotions, thanks to the fact that Vygotsky gave us an exemplar with study of the intellect. I take Vygotsky's work on the development of the personality through
perezhivanija as *another* exermplar he left us.
http://home.mira.net/~andy/

mike cole wrote:
Well, myself I am following Larry's lead and reading Alex's book on Vygotsky so that i can understand the context in which he brought this topic up, and in the context of his general interpretation of core Vygotskian concepts.

I would prefer 2 or three potential paradigmatic exemplars of consciousness before I decided that one was THE paradigmatic exemplar, especially when that examplar is intellect. Also at the end of T&L is Spinoza and emotion.

mike