[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: new article available for discussion
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: new article available for discussion
- From: "Vadeboncoeur, Jennifer" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 19:32:14 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US, en-CA
- In-reply-to: <12db5fd4581f47b09d33ace499df4652@CO2PR0501MB855.namprd05.prod.outlook.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <4F9253BD-32AA-44E3-95C4-DED68C406B1A@mail.ubc.ca> <12db5fd4581f47b09d33ace499df4652@CO2PR0501MB855.namprd05.prod.outlook.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Thread-index: AQHPcS6YFwQsefBPTkCQGHH63kBxuJtDlYkQgAB4hYA=
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: new article available for discussion
It will take T&F some time to open the access, so they said it should be ready early next week. The block next to the article changes to green.
I would check the web page again on Monday / Tuesday and I hope it will be ready by then, if not ... Plan B :).
Best - jen
On 2014-05-16, at 12:22 PM, Lubomir Savov Popov wrote:
> Dear Jennifer,
> I tried to access the article, but the system asks me for payment. The only piece I could access was the short CFP for this issue.
> By the way, does anybody know if ISCAR members have free access to the journal?
> Thank you very much,
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Vadeboncoeur, Jennifer
> Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 1:45 PM
> To: Activity eXtended Mind Culture
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: [Xmca-l] new article available for discussion
> Dear XMCA Folks,
> We've been granted access to share Rolf Steier's article from Mind, Culture, and Activity, 21(2), just published. The Taylor and Francis Folks will open access to it on the web page below early next week.
> If you have trouble accessing it let me know and I will help.
> Rolf is on XMCA and has kindly agreed to respond to questions and engage in dialogue around this article, entitled Posing the question: Visitor posing as embodied interpretation in an art museum. The abstract is included below.
> Best to everyone, jen
> Posing the Question: Visitor Posing as Embodied Interpretation in an Art Museum
> Rolf Steiera*
> pages 148-170
> This article identifies and explores posing by visitors to an art gallery as a unique meaning making activity. Conducted as a design experiment in partnership with a national art museum, this study builds on theoretical perspectives related to gesture and embodiment. Empirical findings suggest that particular posing activities function simultaneously to mediate internally and externally oriented processes of interpretation in encounters with art. Accordingly, these complex posing practices may be viewed as an integrated part of visitors' meaning making experiences. Implications for this research include expanding our understanding of the roles of the body in visitor's museum experiences.