[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Teachers and Facebook
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Teachers and Facebook
- From: mike cole <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 19:36:00 -0700
- In-reply-to: <4c37917496c540418cd71d0367650410@BY2PR03MB428.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <4c37917496c540418cd71d0367650410@BY2PR03MB428.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
- Reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nice to see your voice, Bill.
This seems like a perfect project for a Communication scholar who thought
CHAT was a useful analytic tool. In after-school institutions that are
supposed to be helpful to kids' development there is a constant pressure to
"make sure that nothing bad (e.g., unlawful, immoral...) happens." Our
activities are organized to maximize the possibility of "good things"
happening. When the two orientations occupy the same space, things
certainly get interesting.
On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Barowy, William <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> There was a local incident in my area earlier this month that I've briefly
> described in the following blog entry. I don't have time myself to do it,
> but it occurred to me that this could be an excellent controversial
> situation for an activity theoretical analysis, perhaps for a grad student.
> William Barowy, Ph. D.
> Associate Professor,
> Lesley University
> 29 Everett Street,
> Cambridge, MA 02138-2790
> Desktop: http://bill.barowy.net/
> Mobile: http://bill.barowy.net/m/
> "I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how
> to do it."
> --Pablo Picasso