[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Interesting "post-apocalyptic" playground
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Interesting "post-apocalyptic" playground
- From: <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 14:03:00 -0600
- Cc: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <614A1E89-3633-40BE-99AB-CF9AA2EA0AC0@mail.ubc.ca>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHH++Pm_xDrf7C-=KFTSwvwOQy0xWJz=xWXw7qGhpBmv5=Y4Ag@mail.gmail.com> <614A1E89-3633-40BE-99AB-CF9AA2EA0AC0@mail.ubc.ca>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Actually it was a radio interview with Hanna rosin. Here's the link:
But same idea I think.
Sent from my iPhone
On Apr 26, 2014, at 12:43 PM, "Vadeboncoeur, Jennifer" <email@example.com> wrote:
> Greg, is this related to Gever Tulley's work? His video surfaced in my course this term and it was provocative. Students used their own childhood experiences to argue for and against what he mentioned, with lots of qualification ... best - jen
> On 2014-04-26, at 9:00 AM, Greg Thompson wrote:
>> I thought that this was a fascinating way of taking play beyond what we
>> have imagined - allowing kids to play with fire, sharp sticks, and other
>> "dangerous" objects:
>> The link is about the making of a video about this playground, but there
>> are great images and videos that describe the playground.
>> Seems fascinating, no?
>> What do you think? Does play need to be more structured than this? How does
>> this fit with the CHAT view of play?
>> Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
>> Assistant Professor
>> Department of Anthropology
>> 883 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
>> Brigham Young University
>> Provo, UT 84602