[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Psychology of Language
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Psychology of Language
- From: Martin John Packer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:56:26 +0000
- Accept-language: es-CO, en-US
- In-reply-to: <001f01cf6044$9c209f60$d461de20$@edu>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAG1MBOE88J21kWuVKtcsxy25n88g+jDzAKjx3eK2P8oyTdPHfg@mail.gmail.com> <1D6FA9BE-713B-4FF4-9CDA-EAC8A90DFEBE@uniandes.edu.co> <CAEUxSQEBbn05Aemxij_F-=bdqNBR+NDUZUQ+=pDFZoKkJmSWZA@mail.gmail.com> <C1796BAA-892A-46E1-B37D-8AEA8AB74700@uniandes.edu.co> <CAAWrmNHQJwwkq--xCDLvZ_ut3J8d1SJ-WsmJ2Ct4B1vD14KX9Q@mail.gmail.com> <0C71CB5B-0D16-4310-9ACE-C04CFCE0CB41@uniandes.edu.co> <001f01cf6044$9c209f60$d461de20$@edu>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AQHPX006lUrTHIya3k+ZSN7HzDixaA==
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Psychology of Language
Yes, of course there's Bruner's work on narrative etc.
Stern is good, though his book was published in 1979. I wonder whether something like the 2011 book of the same title by Traxler might be better. Until we roll our own.
The Bain book is selling for $300 on Amazon! Might you have a pdf of your chapter?
On Apr 25, 2014, at 12:09 AM, Vera John-Steiner <email@example.com> wrote:
> I would sign on to that. I do have an old chapter with Paul Tatter that
> appeared in a volume edited by Bruce Bain: The Sociogenesis of Language and
> Human Conduct with an introduction by Mike. If you end up with a book of
> readings this book may offer some pickings for you, including Courtney
> Cazden, Dell Hymes and Ivan Illich. I would also like to suggest a short
> book by Dan Slobin on Psycholinguistics.
> The chapter headings you enumerate in a previous e-mail sound a little heavy
> on experimental work and light on narrative and discourse analysis.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Martin John Packer
> Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:10 PM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org; eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
> Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Psychology of Language
> Let me add that if Laure's suggestion is that we work on an xmca
> collectively-authored text(book), I would be all in favor!
> On Apr 24, 2014, at 8:42 AM, Laure Kloetzer
> <email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>> wrote:
> If not: why wouldn't we edit this textbook that we need ?