[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Psychology of Language
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Psychology of Language
- From: Martin John Packer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:46:45 +0000
- Accept-language: es-CO, en-US
- In-reply-to: <CAAWrmNHQJwwkq--xCDLvZ_ut3J8d1SJ-WsmJ2Ct4B1vD14KX9Q@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAG1MBOE88J21kWuVKtcsxy25n88g+jDzAKjx3eK2P8oyTdPHfg@mail.gmail.com> <1D6FA9BE-713B-4FF4-9CDA-EAC8A90DFEBE@uniandes.edu.co> <CAEUxSQEBbn05Aemxij_F-=bdqNBR+NDUZUQ+=pDFZoKkJmSWZA@mail.gmail.com> <C1796BAA-892A-46E1-B37D-8AEA8AB74700@uniandes.edu.co> <CAAWrmNHQJwwkq--xCDLvZ_ut3J8d1SJ-WsmJ2Ct4B1vD14KX9Q@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AQHPX006lUrTHIya3k+ZSN7HzDixaA==
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Psychology of Language
In general I'm also in favor of dispersed readings. In addition, in my course in child development I've been writing the textbook that I need! It is (currently) titled "A Cultural Psychology of Children’s Development." But this is a new course that I need to get up and running quickly, so I think I need to start with an existing text. If one exists!
On Apr 24, 2014, at 8:42 AM, Laure Kloetzer <email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>> wrote:
We are teaching a similar course here at CNAM, Paris. But in French... and no textbook, we suggest and comment dispersed readings. Would you send me your syllabus ? I would be very happy to compare (our plan is in French, if you read French, I'll be happy to share).
Also interested to see if you get some answers regarding the text book.
If not: why wouldn't we edit this textbook that we need ?
2014-04-24 15:35 GMT+02:00 Martin John Packer <email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>>:
Thanks, but what I'm looking for is a text on the role of language in psychology. I'm teaching a course that when last taught used this text, which was published in 1998. I'd like something more contemporary, and more aligned with a sociocultural perspective:
On Apr 23, 2014, at 11:55 PM, Bella Kotik-Friedgut <email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>> wrote:
> Martin, if you mean something like the following
> Williams, M. & Burden, R. (1997). *Psychology for Language
> Teachers,*Cambridge Language Library.
> I am teaching a course: Psychological aspects of new language learning and
> So if you need something more specific please ask.
> Sincerely yours Bella Kotik-Friedgut
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 2:39 AM, Martin John Packer <email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> Can anyone recommend a good undergraduate textbook on Psychology and/of