[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: CARTA Symposium: Birth to Grandmotherhood: Childrearing in Human Evolution - airing on UCSD-TV next week!
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: CARTA Symposium: Birth to Grandmotherhood: Childrearing in Human Evolution - airing on UCSD-TV next week!
- From: Rod Parker-Rees <R.Parker-Rees@plymouth.ac.uk>
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 17:29:14 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- In-reply-to: <CAHCnM0DGL5ZzfQTLKMKhaqfVAY+M04CtEMu69vG6M1RKOq244g@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAHCnM0DGL5ZzfQTLKMKhaqfVAY+M04CtEMu69vG6M1RKOq244g@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Thread-index: AQHPUz8DWEUUqON900K86+hhsetqE5sH+JDg
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Fwd: CARTA Symposium: Birth to Grandmotherhood: Childrearing in Human Evolution - airing on UCSD-TV next week!
Many thanks for these links, Mike.
I really enjoyed Melvin Konner's book - 'The Evolution of Childhood' and Sarah Blaffer Hrdy's 'Mothers and Others' so I will be looking out for their talks - the others look very promising too!
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of mike cole
Sent: 08 April 2014 16:25
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Xmca-l] Fwd: CARTA Symposium: Birth to Grandmotherhood: Childrearing in Human Evolution - airing on UCSD-TV next week!
If you can get access, this program should be of interest.
he public symposium on "Birth Grandmotherhood: Childrearing in Human Evolution," which took place on February 21, 2014, will be airing on
UCSD-TV* next week. The premiere air dates are listed below, along with links to the complete TV schedule for each show.
Videos of these same presentations will become available online at UCSD-TV<http://www.ucsd.tv/carta/>a few days after they air on TV and can be found by clicking on the links below. There you will also find links to the CARTA<http://carta.anthropogeny.org/symposia/past_list>website,
iTunes <http://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/carta-video/id422679514>, and YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/UCtelevision/videos?query=carta> where the videos can be subsequently viewed.
We hope you enjoy this replay of the CARTA symposium on childrearing in human evolution, in one form or the other. Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties in either locating or viewing the presentations.
CARTA, Community Relations Director
*UCSD-TV airs on Cox and Time Warner (Digital) Ch.135, Time Warner Del Mar
(Analog) Ch.19, AT&T U-verse Ch.99; and UHF (no cable) Ch.35.
*Birth to Grandmotherhood: Childrearing in Human Evolution*
*First air date: April 14 (Mon) at 1 pm PT*
Birth and the Newborn Infant, Infant State in Apes and Humans, and Born
Human: How the Utterly Dependent Survive
Talks by Wenda Trevathan, Kim Bard, and Sarah Blaffer Hrdy
*First air date: April 21 (Mon) at 1 pm PT*
Breast Milk and Breastfeeding, Oxytocin Pathways and Human Evolution, and Hunter-Gatherer Childhood and Human Evolution
Talks by Katie Hinde, Sue Carter, and Melvin Konner
*First air date: April 28 (Mon) at 1 pm PT*
Sharing Childcare and Knowledge in Infancy, Grandmothers and the Extended Family, and Human Fathers
Talks by Barry Hewlett, Kristen Hawkes, and Hillard Kaplan
This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, Plymouth University accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. Plymouth University does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.