[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Fwd: CARTA Symposium: Birth to Grandmotherhood: Childrearing in Human Evolution - airing on UCSD-TV next week!
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Fwd: CARTA Symposium: Birth to Grandmotherhood: Childrearing in Human Evolution - airing on UCSD-TV next week!
- From: mike cole <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 08:25:09 -0700
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
If you can get access, this program should be of interest.
he public symposium on "Birth Grandmotherhood: Childrearing in Human
Evolution," which took place on February 21, 2014, will be airing on
UCSD-TV* next week. The premiere air dates are listed below, along with
links to the complete TV schedule for each show.
Videos of these same presentations will become available online at
UCSD-TV<http://www.ucsd.tv/carta/>a few days after they air on TV and
can be found by clicking on the links
below. There you will also find links to the
iTunes <http://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/carta-video/id422679514>, and
YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/UCtelevision/videos?query=carta> where
the videos can be subsequently viewed.
We hope you enjoy this replay of the CARTA symposium on childrearing in
human evolution, in one form or the other. Please let us know if you
encounter any difficulties in either locating or viewing the presentations.
CARTA, Community Relations Director
*UCSD-TV airs on Cox and Time Warner (Digital) Ch.135, Time Warner Del Mar
(Analog) Ch.19, AT&T U-verse Ch.99; and UHF (no cable) Ch.35.
*Birth to Grandmotherhood: Childrearing in Human Evolution*
*First air date: April 14 (Mon) at 1 pm PT*
Birth and the Newborn Infant, Infant State in Apes and Humans, and Born
Human: How the Utterly Dependent Survive
Talks by Wenda Trevathan, Kim Bard, and Sarah Blaffer Hrdy
*First air date: April 21 (Mon) at 1 pm PT*
Breast Milk and Breastfeeding, Oxytocin Pathways and Human Evolution, and
Hunter-Gatherer Childhood and Human Evolution
Talks by Katie Hinde, Sue Carter, and Melvin Konner
*First air date: April 28 (Mon) at 1 pm PT*
Sharing Childcare and Knowledge in Infancy, Grandmothers and the Extended
Family, and Human Fathers
Talks by Barry Hewlett, Kristen Hawkes, and Hillard Kaplan