[Xmca-l] decision-making

Does anyone know of any detailed psychological studies of how an informal group of people (preferably adults and certainly people who knew each other), make a collective decision. I have heard of studies of how juries work, which is interesting, but I would prefer something less 'artificial' and formal, perhaps in a work situation. I have read stuff about collective cognition (e.g. scientists) but I mean more ordinary decisions of daily life, not science.

Any recommendations?
http://home.mira.net/~andy/