[Xmca-l] Re: poverty/class

The problem is the connection between people alienated from their labor, or no labor and building a new democratic structure- that can happen in a small scale , and spread out to new modes of production away from the destruction of capital-such as chiapas and taking over factories in Argentina. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Blunden" <ablunden@mira.net>
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 8:35 AM
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: poverty/class

Yes, it seems to me that the burgeoning inequality created by neoliberalism is a situation crying out for imaginative social entrepreneurship, i.e., social movement building. It is good to hear that the 1/99 protests have generated talk about inequality, but that in itself does not create a solution, does it?
http://home.mira.net/~andy/

Avram Rips wrote:
Innovation and entrepreneurship in some ways means capital crowding out social space and solidarity. This is evident in cities-whole neighborhoods taken over by wealthy crafts people, and little focus on co-operative movements for working class people-where a new focus on participatory democracy can be developed ,and working class culture in the Gramscian sense. take care! Avram
----- Original Message ----- From: "mike cole" <lchcmike@gmail.com>