From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Martin John Packer [mpacker@uniandes.edu.co]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 5:10 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: What Faces Can't Tell Us

But Phillip, this research is saying that we are *not* accurate in recognizing emotions from someone's facial expression! The focus of the article is how poor people's performance was once Ekman's task was modified. The last line, for example, says it all:  "the face isn’t telling the whole story."

Martin