[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Watch "Venezuelan Protests: Another Attempt By U.S.-Backed Right-Wing Groups To Oust Elected Government?" on YouTube
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Watch "Venezuelan Protests: Another Attempt By U.S.-Backed Right-Wing Groups To Oust Elected Government?" on YouTube
- From: David Preiss <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:50:53 -0300
- Cc: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <61A61D2350EA0A429838AFA91283E55968611EB6@cc-infdbmbx5.ds.utpa.edu>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <61A61D2350EA0A429838AFA91283E55968611EB6@cc-infdbmbx5.ds.utpa.edu>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Allende 1973 is not Maduro 2014. They are very different leaders and their commitment to democracy is substantially different. Certainly there are extreme right members in the Venezuelan opposition as well. But it is Maduro the one taking the military into the streets of Tachira, censuring the media, cutting internet access to a full city among many other measures that qualify as not properly democratic. And I haven't mentioned the actions of the government paramilitary yet. There is many people in South America that are not "imperialist" but former opposition to Pinochet and other dictatorships denouncing Venezuela's government. I am not going to elaborate further because it is off topic for most members of this list. Please go directly to the websites of Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch and see what they are reporting Thanks. David
Enviado desde mi iPhone
El 24-02-2014, a las 8:43, Peter Farruggio <email@example.com> escribió:
> The current situation in Venezuela looks like the typical imperialist "destabilization" tactic against an elected government that is not a puppet of Wall Street. Very similar things were done to Allende's government in Chile and to Mossadegh's nationalist government in Iran in 1953, where operatives in the US embassy paid armed street gangs to rampage and incite violence.
> It's unfortunate that the corporate media has such a monopoly on information, especially in the US, so that all we seem to get is anti-government bias in the "reportage" from Venezuela.
> Here are some alternatives
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com] on behalf of Dr. Paul C. Mocombe [firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 11:47 AM
> To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
> Subject: [Xmca-l] Watch "Venezuelan Protests: Another Attempt By U.S.-Backed Right-Wing Groups To Oust Elected Government?" on YouTube
> I have some issues with your interpretation of what is going on venezuela...
> Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
> The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.