[Xmca-l] Re: Video Publishing??

Jay,
What I would do it to upload the videos to a public video streaming site like vimeo.com and then include the URL in the text of the article. In actual fact, wherever you place the video, it will be the same. But to stream video places certain requirements on the server, and there would otherwise be no reason for an on-line journal to be equipped for video streaming.

http://home.mira.net/~andy/

Jay Lemke wrote:
Mike and I would like some recommendations regarding online publishing
where video clips can be included along with text and images.

Do you know of (1) online journals that support this, and (2) academic
publishers for book-length works that do so?

The topic/content would be ethnography of learning/development, play, and
emotion (based generally on the work of a 5th Dimension -style project with
kids and undergrads playing computer games).

All suggestions welcome!

JAY.

PS. If you know of colleagues who may have some insight about video
publishing, please feel free to pass on our query. :-)

Jay Lemke
LCHC/Department of Communication
University of California - San Diego
www.jaylemke.com