[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Russian Academy of Education: Keep the Institute of Psychology open - Sign the Petition!
- To: Huw Lloyd <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Russian Academy of Education: Keep the Institute of Psychology open - Sign the Petition!
- From: mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 17:11:26 -0800
- Cc: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, Harry Daniels <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "AERA_SIG_CULTURAL_HISTORICAL_RESEARCH-ANNOUNCE@listserv.aera.net" <AERA_SIG_CULTURAL_HISTORICAL_RESEARCH-ANNOUNCE@listserv.aera.net>
- In-reply-to: <CAG1MBOG+DZTw29PqRWxagPTF_yPLAuFb=CEKz9zDXX2WC-3Zpg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <49d2b3e0acb74760ab07bcbeb59b8258@CO1PR02MB175.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <CAHCnM0AOzsmjO+kvVAzA4gad5W=Zwn0WJXLTYPoTHhi6eLDfNg@mail.gmail.com> <E7B52C1F-DB8B-40BF-86C6-0E816AB92E76@eastsideinstitute.org> <CAG1MBOG+DZTw29PqRWxagPTF_yPLAuFb=CEKz9zDXX2WC-3Zpg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
You may well be correct, Huw. But this is the petition the Russians have
chosen, so it seems it will have to do.
I am betting on the Oligarchs to build a fancy hotel with expensive
restaurants and clothing stores on the ground
floor. I mean, what if G. Washington had built Teacher's College in Times
Square (out in the sticks at the time)?
Where would it be today?
But I signed the petition.
On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Huw Lloyd <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> It seems that it is the building rather than the institute that is focal
> point of concern. What are the cultural politics of heritage buildings in
> Russia, do they have any accord with UNESCO for example?
> 100 years is not typically remarkable duration for European heritage
> buildings but for a site of cultural practice situated within (and perhaps
> in the face of) the turbulence of Russian history does seem remarkable.
> 100 years seems like a good time to recognise some further status.
> Perhaps the petition should be directed to that? i.e. to recognising its
> cultural heritage and ongoing role.
> In its current form, I am not quite sure what "keep it open" means. My
> reflections were that something more specific and positive might be good.
> On 8 February 2014 22:09, Lois Holzman <email@example.com>wrote:
>> Signed and spreading the word
>> Lois Holzman
>> Director, East Side Institute for Group & Short Term Psychotherapy
>> 104-106 South Oxford Street
>> Brooklyn, New York 11217
>> Chair, Global Outreach, All Stars Project, UX
>> Tel. +1.212.941.8906 x324
>> Fax +1.718.797.3966
>> Social Media
>> Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
>> Psychology Today| Psychology of Becoming | ESI Community News
>> Lois Holzman | East Side Institute | Performing the World
>> All Stars Project
>> On Feb 8, 2014, at 4:01 PM, mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> > Thank you Peter.
>> > Now to start spreading the word.
>> > Mike
>> > On Saturday, February 8, 2014, Peter Smagorinsky <email@example.com> wrote:
>> >> Please join this campaign: http://chn.ge/LISCFX
>> >> An American Educational Research Association List If you need
>> >> with this list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org