[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Russian Academy of Education: Keep the Institute of Psychology open - Sign the Petition!
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Russian Academy of Education: Keep the Institute of Psychology open - Sign the Petition!
- From: Huw Lloyd <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 23:30:29 +0000
- Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, Harry Daniels <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "AERA_SIG_CULTURAL_HISTORICAL_RESEARCH-ANNOUNCE@listserv.aera.net" <AERA_SIG_CULTURAL_HISTORICAL_RESEARCH-ANNOUNCE@listserv.aera.net>
- In-reply-to: <E7B52C1F-DB8B-40BF-86C6-0E816AB92E76@eastsideinstitute.org>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <49d2b3e0acb74760ab07bcbeb59b8258@CO1PR02MB175.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <CAHCnM0AOzsmjO+kvVAzA4gad5W=Zwn0WJXLTYPoTHhi6eLDfNg@mail.gmail.com> <E7B52C1F-DB8B-40BF-86C6-0E816AB92E76@eastsideinstitute.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It seems that it is the building rather than the institute that is focal
point of concern. What are the cultural politics of heritage buildings in
Russia, do they have any accord with UNESCO for example?
100 years is not typically remarkable duration for European heritage
buildings but for a site of cultural practice situated within (and perhaps
in the face of) the turbulence of Russian history does seem remarkable.
100 years seems like a good time to recognise some further status. Perhaps
the petition should be directed to that? i.e. to recognising its cultural
heritage and ongoing role.
In its current form, I am not quite sure what "keep it open" means. My
reflections were that something more specific and positive might be good.
On 8 February 2014 22:09, Lois Holzman <email@example.com>wrote:
> Signed and spreading the word
> Lois Holzman
> Director, East Side Institute for Group & Short Term Psychotherapy
> 104-106 South Oxford Street
> Brooklyn, New York 11217
> Chair, Global Outreach, All Stars Project, UX
> Tel. +1.212.941.8906 x324
> Fax +1.718.797.3966
> Social Media
> Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
> Psychology Today| Psychology of Becoming | ESI Community News
> Lois Holzman | East Side Institute | Performing the World
> All Stars Project
> On Feb 8, 2014, at 4:01 PM, mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Thank you Peter.
> > Now to start spreading the word.
> > Mike
> > On Saturday, February 8, 2014, Peter Smagorinsky <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> Please join this campaign: http://chn.ge/LISCFX
> >> An American Educational Research Association List If you need assistance
> >> with this list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org