[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Call for Proposals to Host ICLS2016
- To: <email@example.com>, <AERA-C@LISTSERV.AERA.NET>, <SIGLSATL-L@LISTS.PSU.EDU>, <AERA_SIG_EDUCATION_SCIENCE_TECH-ANNOUNCE@LISTSERV.AERA.NET>, Activity eXtended Mind Culture <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Call for Proposals to Host ICLS2016
- From: Bill Sandoval <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:50:15 -0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[Apologies for cross-posting.]
Call for proposals to host ICLS 2016
The International Society for the Learning Sciences (ISLS) invites proposals from organizations interested in hosting the International Conference of the Learning Sciences in 2016.
The International Conference of the Learning Sciences (ICLS) series is dedicated to the advancement of the sciences and practices of learning, as they occur in schools, homes, workplaces and communities. The series promotes emerging research across the entire spectrum of the learning sciences, bringing together scholars from psychology, cognitive science, educational psychology, computer science, anthropology, sociology, information sciences, neurosciences, education, design studies, instructional design, and other fields.
ICLS has been held biennially since 1996. Recent conference sites include Utrecht, The Netherlands, Chicago, USA, and Sydney, Australia. ISLS invites proposals from around the world, although we are especially interested for 2016 in sites outside of North America. ISLS attempts to vary regional hosts so that the ICLS conference is accessible to researchers throughout the international learning sciences community.
Letter of interest: Interested potential organizers are asked to submit a one-page letter of interest that should include a brief statement of the proposed theme for the conference, a range of dates that can be accommodated, strengths of the organizers, advantages of the proposed hosting institution, benefits of the location, and any special opportunities offered by the surrounding areas. Letters of interest must be submitted by February 28, 2012. All letters of interest will be evaluated the ISLS Conference Committee.
Full proposal: As many as 3 potential organizers may be invited to submit a full proposal. Detailed guidelines for full proposals will be provided by ISLS to those invited to submit a full proposal. One PDF copy of the completed proposal, together with a signed cover letter from the local organizer(s) should be submitted by April 30, 2014.
The winning bid to host ICLS 2016 will be publicly announced at ICLS2014, to be held 23 – 27 June, 2014 in Boulder, Colorado, USA.
Interested organizations should submit letters of intent to William Sandoval, ISLS Conference Committee chair, at email@example.com. Guidelines for proposals are available upon request. Please contact Prof. Sandoval with any questions. NOTE: Only ISLS members in good standing are eligible to submit proposals to host Society sponsored conferences.
ISLS Conference Committee Chair
Graduate School of Education & Information Studies
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
310.794.5431 (voice) 310.206.6293 (fax)