From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu
[mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Larry Purss
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:54 AM
To: Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
Cc: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: intersubjectivity and perspective taking, po russkii

This is a direct link to the book
http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0022/002238/223830E.pdf<https://mymail.vsb.
bc.ca/OWA/redir.aspx?C=Y0ABaXqqBUOHY_44FHGENQ5-WDkNw9AIqBadDtF8Qdai01f0pI1LB
C7DW77zb0q1_MeI8nlZ7so.&URL=http%3a%2f%2funesdoc.unesco.org%2fimages%2f0022%
2f002238%2f223830E.pdf>

Sandra has worked with Mike and been discussed on XMCA previously

Larry

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Larry Purss <lpscholar2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Paul,
> The point may be to *see through* or go *beyond* the ideological AS
> reified *objectivity* and *return* to notions of *humanity* as
> emerging WITHIN dialogue
>
> Here is a free book that may be of interest in this regard. It
> develops a dialogical perspective on resistance in Rio
>

> https://mymail.vsb.bc.ca/OWA/?ae=Item&t=IPM.Note&id=RgAAAABcrMEZpb%2b8
> RJLCMeBKJvxxBwDeh%2bQItXNbTpnLOftNk%2bwXAAAAUCKsAAB%2fylgzNh6DSbgzmJ7G
> jNoSAACiyLfjAAAJ
>
> and is published by the UN
>

> On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Dr. Paul C. Mocombe <
> pmocombe@mocombeian.com> wrote:
>
>> Larry,
>>
>> If the ideological, via reification, becomes tantamount to the
>> ontological whats the point of and for dialogue?
>>

>> Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
>> President
>> The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
>> www.mocombeian.com
>> www.readingroomcurriculum.com

Marxism<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist_humanism>that dominated many
western universities during the 1970s.
>>> [*citation needed
>>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed>*] In
>>> contrast to Humanistic Marxism, Althusser stressed that Marxism was
>>> a science<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science>that examined
>>> objective structures, [1]
>>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structural_Marxism#cite_note-1> and he
>>> believed that
>>> humanistic<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist_humanism>,
>>> historistic <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicism#Karl_Marx> and
>>> phenomenological Marxism
>>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Marxism>, which was based on Marx's
early works, was caught in a "pre-scientific humanistic ideology".
>>> [2] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structural_Marxism#cite_note-2>
>>>
>>> So scientific rationality is merely one *level* which implies other
>>> levels of rationality in EXCESS [Merleau Ponty] of the scientific
>>> level of rationality.  In other words *extensions* of rationality
>>> that are not merely *scientific* but may be extended BEYOND the
>>> scientific
>>> *perspectives* to include humanistic, historical, and
>>> phenomenological/existential forms of rationality.
>>> I am in over my head and using this medium to extend my
>>> understanding of
>>> *rationality* and exploring what is dismissed as merely
>>> *pre-scientific* humanistic ideology.
>>> Your question is opening a *clearing* to imagine a *synthesis of
>>> heideggerian phenomenology AND structural Marxism.
>>> Larry

Hegel.