[Xmca-l] Re: Critical Early Learning

glad that you're still on this list, Paul  -

you note that your grandmother said to you -  "no matter what you learn in those white schools...remember that you are haitian and who and what you will become comes from bondye and will be in the service of black people."

and further on you write: "Contemporarily, the haitian government is pushing education as the solution to haiti's problems.  I disagree.  For me it is part of the problem.  It is the violent means by which we are brought into the dialectic of the capitalist world-system, which begs the question is there a liberating educational pedagogy?  I disagree with Paulo Freire by the way."

(no disagreement regarding Freire, by the way.)

so, what would you and / or your grandmother say is another possibility?

after all, there is no color line regarding the exploitation of any peoples.  walmart exploits everyone regardless of race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, gender, etc. etc.  as did russian communists, only they did have a special way of persecuting people based on class.  hey, the list historically of exploitation goes on and on, regardless of political, religious or economic practices, etc. ...

believe me, i find myself grasping for alternatives with the only tools i've got, which necessarily have emerged out of the same cultural-historical society as has dialectical global capitalism.

surely it doesn't come down to just growing a garden?

phillip