[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Course, seminar videos on the web sites of the universities
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Course, seminar videos on the web sites of the universities
- From: Greg Thompson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 13:12:56 -0700
- In-reply-to: <CABjfC8JxNQD6H4M6d0eYYwQKJWggVEBWwFjPA3WN8u+Ec2cxAA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CABjfC8LrYs7SzG_j7t3yemvRZND=hkwZBJ-KEmuw1x-aRsdLWA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CABjfC8JxNQD6H4M6d0eYYwQKJWggVEBWwFjPA3WN8u+Ec2cxAA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
Yale has some great ones:
I think Harvard and others do too.
Here is my favorite Yale course:
(okay, it's the only one I've seen, but it is a goodie).
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Ulvi İçil <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Thanks Andy!
> 2013/11/17 Andy Blunden <email@example.com>
> > Ulvi, before I retired from Melbourne University in 2002, we installed a
> > computer in every lecture theatre which automatically recorded every
> > lecture and made it available as an audio download which enrolled
> > could listen to via the internet from home. We did not think it
> > to provide video, but some universities in Australia, e.g. UWA, provide
> > videos as well, including the PowerPoint display.
> > Andy
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > *Andy Blunden*
> > http://home.mira.net/~andy/
> > Ulvi İçil wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> >> I have a question about this subject: To what extent it is an already
> >> established practice in the best universities in the world to publish
> >> regularly the videos of important courses, seminars etc on the web page
> >> those universities ( and especially of those universities which are the
> >> best research universities).
> >> Because, this practice is almost non existing in even the best
> >> universities
> >> in my country, only met very irregularly and randomly.
> >> I would like to know the situation in the leading universities in
> >> countries
> >> like USA, Germany, Australia, France and UK especially. Also in Asian
> >> countries.
> >> As an incredibly simple but well organized, useful and regularly
> >> applied example, please see that of the College de France.
> >> It is really an amazing practice:
> >> http://www.college-de-france.fr/site/audio-video/index.htm#
> >> |q=../audio-video/_audiovideos.jsp?index=0&prompt=&fulltextdefault=mots-
> >> cles...&fulltext=mots-cles...&fields=TYPE2_ACTIVITY&
> >> fieldsdefault=0_0&TYPE2=0&ACTIVITY=0
> >> |
> >> Thanks
> >> Ulvi
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Anthropology
883 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602