[Xmca-l] Literacy position K-8 at UCSB

I am pleased to announce the approval of this position. Feel free to contact me with questions
Chuck Bazerman

http://education.ucsb.edu/About/employment.htm

Assistant Professor, Literacy Education

Department of Education

The Department of Education, Gevirtz Graduate School of Education, UC Santa Barbara seeks a faculty member for a tenure-track position in literacy education at the Assistant Professor level. We encourage applications from literacy educators with expertise in grades 3-8 serving diverse populations.

The Department of Education has an interdisciplinary faculty with cognitive, linguistic, social, and cultural research programs concerned with diverse learners in educational settings. The Department offers a rich array of opportunities for research, teaching, and program development in an innovative Teacher Education Program, the McEnroe Reading & Language Arts Clinic, partnership schools, and technology-enabled learning environments.

Qualifications for the position include:

    An earned doctorate at the time of employment
    A record of scholarship related to grades 3-8 teaching and learning of literacy with diverse learners
    At least three years of teaching grades 3-8 (preferred).

Position responsibilities include:

    Maintaining an active research and publication program
    Mentoring M.A./M.Ed/Ph.D students
    Directing theses and dissertations
    Seeking extramural funding
    Teaching graduate-level courses in literacy.

The University of California Santa Barbara, a land-grant university, is an AAU comprehensive research intensive institution. The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity & excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, & service. UCSB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Address inquiries to Richard P. Durán, Ph.D.
Search Committee Chair
Department of Education
Gevirtz Graduate School of Education
Santa Barbara, California 93106
e-mail: duran@education.ucsb.edu

Applicants should submit (1) a letter of interest addressing qualifications and interests, (2) current curriculum vitae, (3), three representative research-based articles, and (4) three letters of reference.

Applications should be submitted electronically to: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply/JPF00259

Review of completed applications will begin January 15, 2014.

Anticipated start date is July 1, 2014.