[Xmca-l] Re: Play and symbolic thought --

We will look at your dissertation, from 1991, this is helpful.  And yes,
this is what we are thinking about.  Your response makes me think more
broadly about the challenge the teachers we are working with are posing to
our conception of the importance of play in child development ... I think
we must be more clear about this before we can answer my question, above.
 I don't think we want to say play is essential, so then we need to ask why
we want to say it is hard to replace, or particularly efficient at what it
does -- The response will not be found in one experiment. Thank you!  Beth