[Xmca-l] Reminding the Chilean 9/11

Dear colleagues,

As we commemorate tomorrow in Chile 40 years of Pinochet's coup d'etat, I wanted to mark the occasion sharing with the sensible people of this list the following links:

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB8/nsaebb8i.htm
Chile and the United States: Declassified Documents Relating to the Military Coup, September 11, 1973

http://especiales2.cooperativa.cl/2013/exposicion-fotografica-david-burnett/
Pictures of American Photographer David Burnett

http://www.fundacionsalvadorallende.cl/en/salvador-allende/linea-del-tiempo/#
Salvador Allende Timeline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxRlhggVGoQ
La Batalla de Chile by Patricio Guzman (Long documentary in English).

http://books.google.cl/books?id=vWs4wT5kv-0C&printsec=frontcover&dq=los+poetas+y+el+general&hl=es&sa=X&ei=978vUq2XBYGriAKnjoGoBQ&ved=0CEEQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=los%20poetas%20y%20el%20general&f=false
Poetry about the dictatorship

Take a minute or more than a minute to join us in reminding.

David