[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] FW: position announcement
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>, " (NCRLL@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU)" <NCRLL@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] FW: position announcement
- From: Peter Smagorinsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 12:34:17 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Cc: Kristi Amatucci <email@example.com>
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <EDFA884D72BFF84C88F5EFD4AD4607046D344D48@BL2PRD0210MB350.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <EDFA884D72BFF84C88F5EFD4AD4607046D344D48@BL2PRD0210MB350.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: Ac6qMseGEn0a+SyhR267r+vIFQNFywAAWXDQ
- Thread-topic: position announcement
On behalf of the Qualitative Research Program at UGA, please distribute widely! You can also find it at this link:
Tenure-Track Position in Qualitative Research Methods
Department of Lifelong Education, Administration, and Policy
College of Education
The University of Georgia
The Qualitative Research program at the University of Georgia is pleased to announce an open rank tenure-track position to be filled at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor, commensurate with qualifications and scholarly record. Typically, within the open-rank classification, candidates with no prior work experience following the earning of a doctorate would be hired at the assistant professor rank; candidates with a minimum of 6 years of work experience after earning a doctorate would be considered for the associate professor rank; and candidates with a minimum of 10 years of work experience after earning a doctorate would be considered for the full professor rank. The area of qualitative methods specialization for the candidate's research and teaching assignment is open. The ideal candidate will be well prepared in the broad range of theoretical frameworks for qualitative inquiry, have sound knowledge of the history and variety of qualitative research methodologies, as well as expertise in a methodological area that would complement the range of existing faculty areas of expertise.
Qualifications include an earned doctorate at the time of employment with a specialization in Qualitative Methods or a closely related field, and a strong record of scholarly research in an area relevant to the Qualitative Research program. Depending on rank, the successful applicant will be expected to provide senior leadership in the Qualitative Research program, and contribute to the development and delivery of blended coursework for on-campus courses, as well as a fully online version of the existing Graduate Certificate in Interdisciplinary Qualitative Studies. The successful applicant will maintain an active research program, demonstrate effectiveness in teaching, and advise and mentor students in the newly approved Ph.D. degree in Research and Evaluation Methodologies (jointly administered with the Quantitative Research program), as well serve as methodologist on committees throughout the university. The candidate will also actively seek external funding and participate in faculty governance. This position requires teaching the equivalent of two graduate-level courses per semester in the program. Compensation is competitive with excellent benefits.
The University of Georgia, a land-grant/sea-grant university is the largest and most comprehensive educational institution in Georgia. The University enrolls 35,000 students and is located in the rolling hills of northeast Georgia. Athens is approximately one hour from metropolitan Atlanta and also within easy access to coast areas and the scenic Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee mountains. The Athens community has a rich culture that coexists with the university creating a vibrant art and music scene and stimulating intellectual environment (www.visitathensga.com<http://www.visitathensga.com>). For more information about the program, the department, and the University of Georgia, please see our website at http://www.coe.uga.edu/leap and related links.
Review of applications will begin October 15, 2013. Complete applications received by that date will be assured consideration. Applicants should submit: (1) a letter of interest that addresses qualifications in the areas detailed above; (2) a current curriculum vita; (3) copies of three published research articles; and (4) the names and contact information of three professional references.
We prefer electronic applications submitted to Ms. LaFarrah Smith at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> Applications may also be sent to Ms. LaFarrah Smith, 416A River's Crossing, 850 College Station Road, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602. Address all inquiries to the Dr. Kathryn Roulston, search committee chair, at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>. Anticipated start date is August 2014.
The University of Georgia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity institution. Georgia is an Open Records state. Persons who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in the search process should notify the search chair.