From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Huw Lloyd
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:16 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Leontyev's activities

On 20 August 2013 22:03, Greg Thompson <greg.a.thompson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Huw,
> I wonder if it might be worthwhile to add another "aspect" to it. And
> again, to Lubomir's point, I wonder if this is even possible - to
> bring in something from a different tradition.
> -greg

If you're willing to do the philosophical and theoretic work, I see no reason why not.  The world we are referring to is one.  If one of your systems of thought doesn't recognise that, then "repairing" that may be your starting place.

For example, in recent work I have been studying the integration of natural systems/functional views with Russian Marxian dialectics.  They are compatible but ones needs to a good amount of work to identify their relations (to the degree of precision one requires).

Huw