[Xmca-l] Mystery progressive educator?

Ran across the following interesting statement by accident and was
surprised a little at the authorship. I thought others might be interested
in it as well. I'll leave off authorship because part of what I found
interesting was in figuring out who it was.
mike

Children should be led to make their own investigations, and to draw this
won inferences. They should to *told* as little as possible, and
indeed to *discover
*as much as possible. Humanity has progressed solely by self-instruction;