[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Leontyev's activities
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Leontyev's activities
- From: Andy Blunden <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 10:59:53 +1000
- In-reply-to: <CAG1MBOE2ENT3PeNEqWBRbGzAszERxFAMAOk8VgP6dcjm+M9jwA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAG1MBOEG=8+QQG7F_9_bFRaFfzkm0LTogy161B1Yu2+6CVT4yA@mail.gmail.com> <5202B8CC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAG1MBOEbQj1pORYZPSss7xOGm=SsBuJ=AAFTX1Ef1_Y1kD8miw@mail.gmail.com> <6A8D8FEB-0696-495D-976D-21855A767E20@uniandes.edu.co> <CAG1MBOE2ENT3PeNEqWBRbGzAszERxFAMAOk8VgP6dcjm+M9jwA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Windows/20090812)
So far as I know we are indebted to Percy Bridgman for the idea of the
requirement of "opeational definition" of concepts.
If you search for "operation" in Einstein's reply to criticisms (from
I think this is a view which the Marxist Leontyev would agree with.
Molecules existed in chemical and physical theory long before one could
speak of an "operational definition" of a molecule.
Huw Lloyd wrote:
On 9 August 2013 00:26, Martin Packer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I dont know how literally you're using the term, but the notion of
"operational definition" is very much part of theory of science of logical
positivism. I don't think you're going to find much of that in Leontyev.
I mean simply how the experimental paradigm(s) reflects the concept.
Seems odd to eschew a phrase that yields additional ways of knowing, e.g.
a working definition, a test based definition, conceptual, etc.