Re: [xmca] Luria - New Vodka Old Bottle PDF

Hi Larry,

I'm just about to start a graduate course in which we will be reading, once again, Thought and Language in detail, so I'll probably be returning here to seek guidance about those difficult chapters on sense and meaning.

But not to get too far from the initial topic of this thread, I've found very helpful the writing of neuroscientist Joaquín Fuster. A few months ago Francine summarized some parallels between Fuster and LSV on self-regulation. Relevant to the context here Fuster views the brain as organized as a hierarchical series of levels of what he calls the perception-action cycle -  very much the unity that you cite from Akhutina. Central to this view is the point that the cycle involves brain-plus-environment.  Perception guides action which changes the environment in ways that are perceived which then....  A single dynamic system.

Martin