[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] Re: Luria - New Vodka Old Bottle PDF
- To: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] Re: Luria - New Vodka Old Bottle PDF
- From: mike cole <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:26:06 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=iiieKvWsc5DQUgN3J6oGbY5ct/oXaCwGBqNzMBfTqLo=; b=0VDt6sxxtsSI4B/tpejCJ+n4EIY+jq4iGkJUHz7QPDz9QlDiBs0BqLoJ5yllHzHHA7 XsO2G3035Lt1lAxOm2MWIsjwJYLDx2ij9nxYQ/F4Derjjj6d3/4gCIF5MiEq3feDZkeJ hAwOJJQzPvnsqaQVGu0h3Emvi/dckXVlHlarUV0VBN8FN9eavgKp46J7tgThoqYiGmbj fZGD/A8ISjAN2l6T78cE1CunnvffqmiUMTTUPSwOAMgbQNLhQQXPIfDHTqm9/qwKROGX nKlfSuotf9fHT94k4pcvAUAjb193H3qUncFbvLpEc1IBx722yw+Zp7XzyivHUpk3R3Nc vOdg==
- In-reply-to: <51E9F0A9.email@example.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAC_xSMrJ8Wb5C31Lht2V2iOoqRdH14u17e8KpqLY7P4_VxJXLA@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0AqAcs_DqgNWBHjgkMBEFguqcu6uS_RBuxD3J7gmoKUuQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0Ai9hJhbAnseX6B7fVRFDabBMQvkboyCQBQKhsbo0Gs1Q@mail.gmail.com> <51E9F0A9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Glad that old review still held some value.
I am not sure how many Russians are directly knowledgeable about these
ideas, but would
be interested to hear about it.
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Andy Blunden <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> An excellent review, Mike.
> I think that your initial characterisation of Luria's aims:
> "Luria's new science of psychology would encompass the
> complex, idiosyncratic, emotion-laden features of people
> as described by the great novelists and philosophers of
> the 19th century, and yet permit rigorous specification
> of elementary pshyciological processes, linked to human
> physical nature, which would explain the phenomena we
> all recognise as Human Nature."
> can function as a definition of Cultural Psychology. It could be seen as a
> resolution of the argument between Dilthey (who rejected the use of natural
> scientific methods altogether) and Wundt (who wanted two streams of
> psychology side by side, and used subjective methods for laboratory
> Reading your review, I can also see why you questioned my insistence (in
> connection with the discussion of Engestrom's work, here on xmca) on the
> distinction between "unit of analysis" and "model system," an example of
> which you see as realised in Luria's "combined motor method."
> mike cole wrote:
>> Here is a review I wrote some years ago about Luria's Nature of Human
>> Conflicts. It summarizes and provides illustrations of some of the issues
>> we have been discussing while introducing others.
>> Note that a few years ago, the book did appear in Russian based on
>> reconstruction of the original
>> manuscript by Victor Belopolsky. It is my impression that the book is
>> little known or appreciated in Russia but I might be mistaken.
>> For what its worth
>> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM, mike cole <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> Hi BJ-- I will get the article reviewing luria referred to in earlier
>>> message next.
>>> There is an attachment here. Call it, Cole Review of Nature of Human
>>> Conflicts and put it under the Nature of Human Conflicts on the Luria
>>> page and on the page "about" luria.
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Brittany Loy <firstname.lastname@example.org**>
>>> Date: Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM
>>> Subject: Luria - New Vodka Old Bottle PDF
>>> To: Mike Cole <email@example.com>
> *Andy Blunden*
> Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/
> Book: http://www.brill.nl/concepts