To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
From: Andy Blunden
Sent by: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
Date: 06/27/2013 07:28PM
Subject: Re: [xmca] unit of analysis

And here is another quote from the same book, further clarifying
Davydov's view:

    The aforementioned requirements can be met only by an entirely
    /real/ relationship that is given in a form /that can be
    contemplated by the senses/. As an aspect of something concrete –
    that is, having its /particular/ form – it at the same time
    functions as a genetic basis for another whole (and in this sense it
    functions as a universal). Here the real, objective unity of the
    individual (particular) and the universal, their /connection/, which
    mediates the process of development of the whole, is observed”
    (Davydov 1990, p. 282).

Andy