Re: VS: [xmca] Re: Knotworking (ex: Double stimulation?)

.....and for some of us it is about "being" :-).
Robert

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:

> Greg,
> I think the idea of "blood" is a reification, i.e., a mystification of
> association.
> Ancient society diefied Being; the bourgeoisie deifies Having; for us it
> is about Doing,
>
> Andy
>
> Greg Thompson wrote:
>
>> I think mike found it, but just in case others are interested, it is from
>> piece by Sahlins titled "What is Kinship?" (pssst, here is a publicly
>> available link:
>> http://www.scribd.com/doc/**79046197/Marshall-Sahlins-**What-Kinship<http://www.scribd.com/doc/79046197/Marshall-Sahlins-What-Kinship>
>> )
>>
>> And here is a quote from the blurb for a book by Sahlins on the same
>> subject, and in which Sahlins defines kinship as "mutuality of being."
>> There Sahlins writes:
>>
>> "Kinfolk are persons who are parts of one another to the extent that what
>> happens to one is felt by the other. Meaningfully and emotionally,
>> relatives live each other’s lives and die each other’s deaths."
>>
>> Isn't this also the basis for "voluntary associations" as well as for
>> other
>> forms of on-the-ground organizing such as what is happening on the streets
>> of Brazil?
>>
>> -greg
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM, mike cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> What is the Sahlins ref, Greg?
>>> mike
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 8:13 AM, Greg Thompson <
>>> greg.a.thompson@gmail.com

>>> not

>>> different

>>> of

>>> of

>>> feel a

>>> of

>>> that

>>> studies/article/view/13149/**25059<https://tidsskrift.dk/index.php/scandinavian_political_studies/article/view/13149/25059>

*Robert Lake  Ed.D.
*Associate Professor
Social Foundations of Education
Dept. of Curriculum, Foundations, and Reading
Georgia Southern University
P. O. Box 8144
Phone: (912) 478-0355
Fax: (912) 478-5382
Statesboro, GA  30460

 *Democracy must be born anew in every generation, and education is its
midwife.*
*-*John Dewey.