[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] Just old Russians? Haydi and the Perfidy of Nations
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] Just old Russians? Haydi and the Perfidy of Nations
- From: mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:20:36 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=8M5cz3JZpZBH8TiXH6Tx2DJ5QRmzaPHuliXMbN3tjN0=; b=Ca1SI3dxd14Rh+LerEzR4EdZ8gVWomr1hOCw0i1yUhMueox6Gh2RIdkQgQrmtHurWW nDC9tYINQZZA/1CcGWiONGC6tPyYBwKlYLZZTglv93elPCX40fagqpzWfI3AB+IaidLw QCGOYmvHXdfSmZK6qeaW500dtkTi8GDKuanjOqYlF3zTRBLYD+qz5n3SPIEvZR+N/EbL FqJ4R5sOSeEMXgVQsGMBJ3OKS5dD7SGGoJzl5Ao3X2PWgcRhvr2ZfwKJXYMqWDgQ+qrD yrykiZNcHYlfxMnaWudh4QWk6uU8s8HU10a+2RRrcKY0ljY6xEDcE9Xds+CM3ttT26fq 18cQ==
- In-reply-to: <CAGivucksbhia2YxKA6T-_FkLuHj-1Tm6UD76+FWVd-6pZ1Y_BQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHCnM0Ct4BEu1zU_xxf+AAFdUgM6q8nKsGuAZOMk8qUOTcZLqQ@mail.gmail.com> <51C291CB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAGivucksbhia2YxKA6T-_FkLuHj-1Tm6UD76+FWVd-6pZ1Y_BQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Two things about that program.
On the program itself: when there were closeups on the kids faces,
what they were watching, it was impossible to tell who was Russian, who
But when the camera pulled back, and the kids talked, the differences in
display and discourse styles smacks you in the face. Those performances
were not rehearsed. There was no time, just a brief window of opportunity
that we grabbed based on mutual trust among initiators.
A subsequent, much more elaborate program was planned for the following
but shot down with KAL airliner over Siberia at the last moment.
About one of the consequences of the program. An opening to begin joint
among Soviet and American psychologist/educators as described in the so
called velham report. http://lchc.ucsd.edu/Histarch/velham.html
Might we be witnessing an analogous, much more loosely organized, effort at
collaboration around ideas here on XMCA these days? If so, could it be made
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Robert Lake <firstname.lastname@example.org>wrote:
> Also Mike-(shallow of me I know), but you look great with the beard :-)
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 1:23 AM, Andy Blunden <email@example.com> wrote:
> > What a beautiful moment in that youtube movie, Mike! Beautiful. I
> > 1983. There wasn't much of that going on as I recall!
> > Re the set of 16 videos from the UCSD Comms Dept., is there any chance
> > that copies could be uploaed to the CHAT group on vimeo.com ?
> > Separately, amazing how Bob Dylan's words don't need the music. When you
> > read the words silently to yourself, the music just comes!
> > Andy
> > mike cole wrote: ...
> >> Meantime, at the attached link, if you have access to it, is a form of
> >> international collaboration across conflicting
> >> nations some 30 years ago. At the very least it might prove interesting
> >> test out the shakey state of my
> >> Russian and my unbelievable youth!!
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?**v=SiF4SwTmVBw<
> >> ...
> > ______________________________**____________
> > _____
> > xmca mailing list
> > firstname.lastname@example.org
> > http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/**listinfo/xmca<
> *Robert Lake Ed.D.
> *Associate Professor
> Social Foundations of Education
> Dept. of Curriculum, Foundations, and Reading
> Georgia Southern University
> P. O. Box 8144
> Phone: (912) 478-0355
> Fax: (912) 478-5382
> Statesboro, GA 30460
> *Democracy must be born anew in every generation, and education is its
> *-*John Dewey.
> xmca mailing list
xmca mailing list