[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xmca] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] CHAIR OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT NEEDED!
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture,Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [xmca] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] CHAIR OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT NEEDED!
- From: mike cole <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 17:36:23 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=HXYGXJ0X/Qvpb0P8V0nH8QVuASivZIQ8Mnth67c0GB0=; b=iRUI/h9bxLobKeNSP+pSswrgypppjIz+8ks8pPvVPUyDKJRIrA7HYWJhf/uBKry7U4 UZB8HAjfw7nkclwlyCGZ2SYkY6qKNvgzJ8DM0HnSjYAXqHgADrOejGKiefakeJYGxz4f tNEAK6B5zazWWb1KiN+8EFNFwPaEaZChiBwoFM4U+0jO5WOSDI5KYeKZ/T/lJCIMXG6G ai77WOp/0FSxD022RhYUwGa2WSDLLg+DC/opY6d+3ZNErMeHkOka6yYvnwALKatzbb3o kejYX5Whdo1rF9bB+jcPstu4+5Y1KRkKf9aDoSpYUQCz9VkOsT4sH+W5DjXLp85p2Ueo g8yw==
- In-reply-to: <CAFWLa7LBGhjkL-Fi5sjU3M1hgnFHPLbvabS=q33C8SHR90whGQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAFWLa7LBGhjkL-Fi5sjU3M1hgnFHPLbvabS=q33C8SHR90whGQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Roberta Golinkoff*
Date: Saturday, June 1, 2013
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] CHAIR OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT NEEDED!
Chairperson of Human Development and Family Studies – Appointment effective
September 1, 2014
The Department of Human Development and Family Studies at the University of
Delaware invites nominations and applications for a department chair. We
seek a visionary senior scientist with a strong applied research program
who can provide strong, dynamic, and innovative leadership to advance the
Department’s research, teaching, and clinical practice to advance its
reputation and national visibility. Candidates must have an earned
doctorate in human development, family studies, community psychology, early
childhood, social work, or a related field and be qualified for appointment
at the associate or professor level in a tenure-line position. A strong
record of externally funded research; commitment to undergraduate and
graduate teaching; ability to build effective collaborations across
faculty, programs, units, and departments; knowledgeable about federal
policy and an eagerness to learn about Delaware child and family policies;
strategic budget planning experience; and imaginative management and
interpersonal skills are required.
The Department of Human Development and Family Studies is an
interdisciplinary academic unit within the University of Delaware’s College
of Education and Human Development. Presently, the Department consists of
19 faculty and staff who teach and supervise approximately 480
undergraduate and 35 graduate students. The Department offers B.S., M.S.
and Ph.D. degrees. Academic curricula lead to a B.S. degree with emphasis
in Human Services or Early Childhood Education, and an M.S. and Ph.D.
program in Human Development and Family Studies. The Department has a
strong commitment to scholarship and teaching, as well as to pre-service
and in-service education. All programs stress applied scholarship,
interdisciplinary approaches, risk and resiliency, and issues of diversity.
Undergraduate programs are accredited by the National Association for the
Education of Young Children and the Council for Standards in Human Service
Education. The Department also houses a state of the art Laboratory
Preschool serving infants through kindergarteners and their families
http://www.labpreschool.udel.edu/, the Delaware Institute for Excellence in
Early Childhood http://dieec.udel.edu/about-us*,* and New Directions Early
Head Start http://www.hdfs.udel.edu/content/new-directions-early-head-start
. Many faculty hold joint appointments in various research, service, and
policy-oriented centers in the College of Education and Human Development
as well as around the University. * *For additional information visit the
department’s web site at http://www.hdfs.udel.edu/.
Founded in 1743, the University of Delaware combines tradition and
innovation, offering students a rich heritage along with the latest in
instructional and research technology. Located in scenic Newark, Delaware,
within 2 hours of New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.,
the University is a Land Grant, Sea Grant, Space Grant, Carnegie Research
University (very high research activity), with external funding exceeding
$180 million. A state-assisted, privately-governed institution, the
University enrolls approximately 17,000 undergraduates and 4,000 graduate
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience and
and administrators have received annual across the board and merit salary
increases, and the benefits package is one of the best in the nation.
and research start-up costs are available. The chair position is a
five-year renewable term appointment with a start date of September 1,
2014. An earlier start date is possible.
Review of applications will begin on October, 1, 2013 and will continue
until the position is filled. Applicants must submit a letter of
application that includes a research statement, a leadership-style
statement, contact information for three references, and a curriculum vitae
as a single pdf document through the online application system (
www.udel.edu/udjobs/). Candidates will be notified before references are
contacted. For inquiries, contact: Dr. Carol Vukelich, Search Committee
Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a
criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude an
applicant from employment.
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which
encourages applications from minority group members and women. The
University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http: //
Roberta Michnick Golinkoff, Ph. D.
H. Rodney Sharp Professor
School of Education and Departments of Psychology and Linguistics and
University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716
Office: 302-831-1634; Fax: 302-831-4110
Web page: http://udel.edu/~roberta/
Author of "A Mandate for Playful Learning in Preschool: Presenting the
Please check out our doctoral program at
The late Mary Dunn said, "Life is the time we have to learn."
To post to the CDS listserv, send your message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(If you belong to the listserv and have not included any large attachments, your
message will be posted without moderation--so be careful!)
To leave the CDS listserv, send a message to email@example.com.
The subject line should read: "unsubscribe cogdevsoc" (no quotes).
Leave the message body blank.
For other information about the listserv, including how to update your email
address and how to subscribe, visit http://www.cogdevsoc.org/listserv.php
xmca mailing list