Re: [xmca] Re: [ISCAR-ANNOUNCE] Sydney-2014 ISCAR Congress Website now open!

Mike, thanks for this website.
I read through the keynote speakers themes and I noticed the concept
*activity* was not highlighted but the concept *action* was noted.
I am re-reading Jussi's article on the pluralism of vygotsky's
interpretations.
It explores a behavioral, then an instrumental gestalt mediational
epistemology and suggests a third epistemological break  [as semiotic sign
mediation]. May be relevant to our current discussion.
This notion of 3 epistemological breaks, with the shift from signs being
instrumental tools for *self* mastery to a semiotic mediational model is
made an explicit distinction in Jussi's work.
larry