Re: [xmca] perezhivanie als Erlebnis

Anton, Greg, Beth,

I find this thread opening up many questions.
The article Greg referred to "To Be Alive When Something Happens Retrieving
Dilthey's Erlebnis" also introduced the German term *erfahrung* (a
social-historical concept of experience.)
 The other thread is Anton's recent post exploring the source of the 1920's
book "the Crisis in Psychology".
Then in the 1930's, extending cultural-historical to include *gestalt* but
a particular 'meaning of gestalt' that is expanded beyond its traditional
meaning to include fragmentation as well as unity.

Is there a connection between the *double* meaning of experience ( erlebnis
&refahrung) and the *double* meaning of gestalt??

Then we move to Anton's thesis that in the 1930's the encounter with
Lewin's double meaning of gestalt (unity & fragmentation) which I am
intuitively speculating is the expansion of gestalt beyond its traditional
meaning creating a 'new crisis in psychology' that Lewin and Vygotsky were,
through dialogue, expanding to potentially revision cultural-historical AS
cultural-historical-gestalt theory??

Anton, are you proposing to return to this transformative conversation
between Lewin and Vygotsky to capture that moment in the 1930' when Lewin
and Vygotsky were developing psychology as a discourse??

 To see their work in the 1920's as a prelude to their newly
forming expanded understanding of psychology and a confluence of emerging
trends in Gestalt psychology?
Was the concept of *erfahrung* a key aspect of this emerging
reconfiguration of the two traditions??

Just wondering

Larry