[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] Operations, mental images and emotions (!)
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] Operations, mental images and emotions (!)
- From: Haydi Zulfei <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:30:11 +0100 (BST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=rocketmail.com; s=s1024; t=1366021811; bh=V6+KjGWkbKurfarG0QnYmwt3hUdlNYVjwYBi81YjIrA=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=YoX3sJEYBlyFqZIwprvssOp/k+rMypyRXFK2H4nPPbBbXZI5wPh/ABNVZcEHs6YP2MancJqDtwLRR8o/yshTudinQap2K9WjC3rEn3U4qQQPnMnO+Pk/zsgXMkUwpoA551ecCHgtAeeWOO9Uaff2A/bXYay3hjzGuwwkFykD8+o=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=rocketmail.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=NsUjXwN9JlYZLtjvDmgywQTSYvgrafsZpHP5LuQwOMjvykznofkAVmmAcSFg042SAaN7Vk6quiftKWmaBAnUplhJBPGnaI619N1q9gbc5NNmFaHhNvxBLGORFwV1TzpbGvrPE2FVFUlEaqqYg/zBMoCYEbOlf+/0GqjkW/Od9F8=;
- In-reply-to: <4D9DA02D-7F20-42F9-90B5-2F087E6601CB@duq.edu>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHCnM0BHoaQUnpnnbLuJBmQdxC1y=WaZVKsAfHDcw5-4FzH6kw@mail.gmail.com> <02196276-203B-4133-8090-437F0CF0E7AE@duq.edu> <CAHCnM0AsFqcVdr3bh8JZOWm=2c_PBGRuDuWTkLVfGuAZvRkazw@mail.gmail.com> <C94EC366-4968-486F-ADB9-3805110713F5@duq.edu> <CAHCnM0DeVAFXmA=Yjp4F-i4aPXyL+mfoCPymS8ZN3m2HDzjQdQ@mail.gmail.com> <4D9DA02D-7F20-42F9-90B5-2F087E6601CB@duq.edu>
- Reply-to: Haydi Zulfei <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
There are many factors involved in this article .
In 3.5 of L's book , there's an example of the activity of 'driving' . Please read it again . First when you concentrate on changing gears , as it is conscious , it can be considered moment of activity . But when you change this goal , and think of speeding the car so that you might reach the destination , you no longer think of the changing of the gears . You AUTOMATICALLY do it and it is removed from your consciousness as a goal . And please do remember that reified ideals are no longer ideal and that without 'ideality' you cannot involve in a activity cycle or generally in the FLOW of activities which L prefers to call it the 'sum total' of life itself .
The routinized autonomic act of reproduction of generations need not to be activated / motivated generally .
Finished products are there all the time ; at one certain point , they begin to reach the status of being an object to an activity ; while before being reified , all living material spiritual condition of an activity were true about them . Now , everything is extinct .
I wonder if I can call it a reverse activity . At its normal state , if it is natural or social , is to be discussed . Though exhaustion prevails .
I mean some activity was stopped because of the many factors involved in the situation and in relation to two different locations mentioned in the article .
The NEED arose as to find ways to remove the hindrances and obstacles in the way of 'productivity' .
This need motivated and now is motivating those involved to plan for actions ; actions , according to the article , are under way .
Conditions are also weighed down so that they will see if there are hopes for realization of the goals of the actions .
THIS IS THE ACTIVITY OF REACHING LOW/HIGH RATE OF, RELATIVE / ABSOLUTE (NORMAL / PERFECT) FERTILITY .
From: Martin Packer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
Sent: Monday, 15 April 2013, 2:03:02
Subject: Re: [xmca] Operations, mental images and emotions (!)
How's this for a neat example of the role of inorganic and organic cycles in the human activity/project of reproduction!
This from ethnography with the Abelam, who avoid sexual activity during the giant yam-growing season because it would upset the yams. The consequence is that no babies are born May through July.
(I assume we can all agree that having a baby is a collaborative activity/project, motivated by human needs and involving various goal-directed actions? Or is this too base and animalistic an analysis?)
Condon, R. G., & Scaglion, R. (1982). The ecology of human birth seasonally. Human Ecology, 10(4), 495-511. doi:10.1007/BF01531169
xmca mailing list
xmca mailing list