Re: [xmca] Pivot or Carrier in play?

On 10 April 2013 02:26, Ana Marjanovic-Shane <anamshane@gmail.com> wrote:

> The interesting thing is that actually the meaning of a "horse" is not
> "detached" from the actual concept of the horse!
> Rather it is used without the horse being present! The horse is still
> imagined!

The play affords the awareness of the idea as distinct from the thing(s)
themselves.  Such a distinction is considered necessary prior to
formulating an explicit conception of them.

> But the "stick" can be anything: a stick, a broom, a chair (as in a
> Serbian children' song), a carpet, a small (or bigger) block. It can even
> be totally absent -- just present in the movements of the child.

Not, if I recall correctly, according to Vygotsky.  They need to have some
"fit for purpose", a teacup may already have its purpose assigned which
would conflict.  But fluidity of rules is an ingredient in play.