From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu on behalf of Holodynski, Manfred
Sent: Wed 4/10/2013 5:05 AM
To: lchcmike@gmail.com; eXtended Mind, Culture,Activity
Subject: [xmca] Holodynski,The Internalization theory of emotions - infant smiling

Dear Mike,
we published our empirical research in the following article: Wörmann, V., Holodynski, M., Kärtner, J. & Keller, H. (2012). A cross-cultural comparison of the development of the social smile. A longitudinal study of maternal and infant imitation in 6- and 12-week-old infants, Infant Behavior and Development, 35, 335-347. Two further manuscripts are still under review.
In this article, you can see which culture we chose (middle class mothers from Germany and mothers from the rural ethnic group of the Nso in Cameroon) and how we operationalize our ideas of mutual imitation of smiling (affect mirroring on mother's side and motor mimicry on the infant's side). I can send the pdf-version of the article if you like.
Best
Manfred

Prof. Dr. Manfred Holodynski
Institut für Psychologie in Bildung und Erziehung
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
Fliednerstr. 21
D-48149 Münster
+49-(0)-251-83-34311
+49-(0)-251-83-34310 (Sekretariat)