Re: [xmca] Manfred Holodynsk's article on the emotions

Andy,
I am glad you have returned to emotions and their development. I found the
focus of Manfred's article illuminating. However,
I also hope to continue lurking with Mike listening in for further
understanding of actions, activity, and projects. Mike's use of the term
*project* to suggest our personalities  express somewhat coherent life
projects over a life span is another opening I hope we follow.
On this theme, Anna Stetsenko's questioning if within Activity Theory the
concept of human subjectivity (as psychic reflection) may have been
de-emphasized for RHETORICAL reasons so material reality and socio cultural
transactions could be persuasively emphasized *as a response* to the
dogmatism of classical psychology, is an interesting perspective.
I also wonder if the article that Rauno sent on technology and
the multiple theories explaining  our relations to tools and the theme
of trust/mistrust in our relations to tools may be reflected in our
understanding of life-projects.

Andy, this topic of developing life-projects (as projections
anticipating future transformations) seems to be a theme which bridges
emotions, human subjectivity, projects, actions, activity, meaning (in
common), personal sense, and transformation within effective history.
Would you recommend a specific article by Anna to explore her
understanding why some adolescents fail to develop a life-project? (form of
life??). Anna's concept of a three fold dialectic of transformation
includes human subjectivity NOT as a merely derivative process but human
subjectivity as a  co-evolving co-constituting process inclusive of
material reality and inter subjective transactions I find compelling.

Larry