[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xmca] Developmental position at the University of Edinburgh
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture,Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [xmca] Developmental position at the University of Edinburgh
- From: mike cole <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 04:43:13 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=KG67uBpa/F/eVdpm/dYwW0SzXUHNRWpJUEGPrmggTH0=; b=rM+DXVTo2YbxNZovlF0pgBx47Q+MdixPMrnzR4Y8ZyW5iTVARIe7COngjv1EkLO45H iFLnN9MEQpdATA4GhFbEp88LSzWSsjeq7+hyZa2LW8wm4HB3v60R16vSINLC0JJz5mjb agtPb8C8KWnQ3RA76nfdahkR9bjjMiOha3XzT4r51KGtSbpMdviMmLcwMcnUK4yofdRK oXfWSgNw46X9yOUdWEoxw5feom3VNEr2viS2GapZYj6I1CASQRcP9lYHkOYJ10ePbmvC 9xgPeqYnXWc3LXYDK17xl7APRmX2Z+oXmRre/mCxvXLqJS7FuYGCkJQNj6W00WZjn+nK NC+A==
- In-reply-to: <CAJ1+g_sO+6bmj2QbVyKNXk8T8qUhxe2tS0bAv1+x7QyR+GRGRg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAJ1+g_sO+6bmj2QbVyKNXk8T8qUhxe2tS0bAv1+x7QyR+GRGRg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Hugh Rabagliati*
Date: Friday, March 22, 2013
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] Developmental position at the University of Edinburgh
To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
(apologies for cross-posting)
The University of Edinburgh is looking to hire our third (!) developmental
psychologist of the year. Please consider applying, or forwarding the ad on
to high-flying postdocs and students. We're building a great group, and
want a fantastic colleague to join us.
This particular position is called a "Chancellor's Fellowship", and it is
an amazing deal. This is a research-intensive post at the Assistant Prof.
level, with an extremely low teaching load initially, allowing the
successful applicant to focus on building a productive research program and
group. The Fellowships are part of a University-wide initiative to hire
highly-productive, independent young scientists and scholars.
The listing can be found here:
The closing date is soon -- 5pm GMT on April 18 -- but the application
procedure is not arduous, so I want to encourage applications from
individuals who only planned on entering the job market arena next year.
The area of interest within developmental psychology is open. The
department has particular strengths in Language & Cognition, Human
Cognitive Neuroscience, and Differential Psychology, but we would be also
be interested in individuals who can boost our strengths in
underrepresented areas, such as social development.
Edinburgh is a historic, world-class university, with particular strengths
in the behavioural and biomedical sciences. The interdepartmental cognitive
science community is amongst the world's largest, and the psychology
department has made a large number of junior hires in the last year.
For those unclear about the non-academic benefits, I invite you to perform
a google image search for "edinburgh". The city is both beautiful and
culturally rich, with the world's largest cultural festival season every
summer. An extinct volcano overlooks the Old Town, and the Scottish
highlands are a short trip away.
To post to the CDS listserv, send your message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(If you belong to the listserv and have not included any large attachments, your
message will be posted without moderation--so be careful!)
To leave the CDS listserv, send a message to email@example.com.
The subject line should read: "unsubscribe cogdevsoc" (no quotes).
Leave the message body blank.
For other information about the listserv, including how to update your email
address and how to subscribe, visit http://www.cogdevsoc.org/listserv.php
xmca mailing list