Re: [xmca] Polls are closed: Manfred Holodynsk's article is choice

Andy, Martin

How one *reads* Manfred's article opens questions asking what is under
understanding?. In other words what does understanding stand on?

As I read the comments and responses in your dialogue I'm asking if Andy is
answering that under understanding is activity.
I then ask if Martin is answering that it is imagination which is under
understanding. In other words there are multiple ways to understand
activity and each particular understanding is an act of imagination, an act
of interpretation.

Andy, emotions and imagination are intimately related. Is your position
that emotions and imagination *emerge* as derivative from activity?
Martin, the same question. Is your position that interpretation
(imagination) is primordial and activity emerges within acts of imagination?

Imagination, and interpretation, and understanding as distributed phenomena
within particular historically constituted  cosmovisions that express
shared forms of thinking/being that posit notions such as *activity theory*
as a model?
As another example, Ifa divination as a cosmovision with its particular
forms of reasoning and differentiation of subjectivity as active
imagination (acts of interpretation)

I may be *reading* too much of my own idiosyncratic imaginings into your
different understandings, but the phrase *acts of interpretation* in
Martin's response sent me off in these directions?

Larry