Re: [xmca] Polls are closed: Manfred Holodynsk's article is choice

Martin
I agree that there are multiple paths and facial mirroring is one
particular type of gesture used to communicate expression signs.
The multiplicity of overlapping gestures is the reason I am translating
*expressive signs* into the concept of *gestures* which is developing the
same theme from another tradition.
The notion of gestures being explored by Elena cufferi while at Oregon and
now in Spain is exploring this inter-subjective realm.
Merleau pointy extends the centrality of gestures to language as a still
more expansive understanding of gestures.

If the terms *expressive signs* and *gestures* share a family resemblance
then this may be a possible

If gergely and fonagy exploring this dynamic of the development of
expressive signs are seen as relevant to cultural historical
 theories as understanding how gestures (always inter-subjective) are
foundational for developing co and self regulation, then this understanding
may be a possible way of bridging a number of psychological discourses.
This article as participating in this way of understanding development
offers a way into possible shared discourse across traditions.

Larry