Re: [xmca] A Concrete Psychological Investigation of Ifá Divination

Martin,

As I read this article I was reminded of the twists and turns in how our
Western understanding of the literal and allegorical has shifted. Luther's
protestant revolution can be interpreted as returning allegorical
understanding of the text's *deeper* meaning as *divined* by our expert
religious leaders was *returned* to interpreting at the *literal* surface
level. This shift from divining the allegorical seems to have emerged at
the time that science stopped being the handmaiden of understanding
and devalued the allegorical as *mere* interpretation.  Carl Jung was
friends with Henry Corbin who explored the *ta'wil* or allegorical divining
of the Islamic texts deep meaning.
These various ways of relating to ways of understanding as
multiple expressions of metaphorical *as* structures [as depth] for
understanding reality put in question the literal as only one way of
relating to reality.

I read this article as expressing the same level of sophistication and
articulation of a particular ONTOLOGY within which agency develops as
psychoanalytical ontology.

Larry