[xmca] voice in relation to normative and relational knowledge

Can anyone point me to studies that have explored the differences between
recollections/descriptions of circumstances on the basis of normative (i.e.
prototypical) and relational (i.e. scientific conceptual) knowledge, please?

For instance, with respect to Identity, I can normatively describe myself
as British.  But if I feel the need for more precision, then I can relate
to my Welsh phylogeny etc.

Examples pertinent to the classroom would be especially good.

Thanks,
Huw