[xmca] FW: Final Call for Submissions: The Social Psychology of the Classroom International Conference

THIS IS A FORWARDED MESSAGE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE SENDER. READ THE MESSAGE CAREFULLY FOR INFORMATION ON THE ORIGINAL SENDER

Dear Colleague

This is the final call for papers for a very exciting and important conference: The Social Psychology of the Classroom International Conference that we will be hosting in July 2013 at the University of Auckland in New Zealand.  The theme for this unique conference is "Building positive environments for learners."

We have a stunning array of keynote speakers: Professors Russell Bishop, Clark McKown, Helen Patrick, Robert Pianta, Robert Rosenthal, Kathryn Wentzel, and Allan Wigfield.  As you know, it is very unusual to have such a stellar array of international leaders in their respective fields at any conference.  This is your opportunity to hear them all in one location, the beautiful city of Auckland.  If you've never been to New Zealand, this conference provides a great opportunity for both intellectual stimulation and other forms of exploration!

The conference will bring together researchers, educators and students interested in the social psychology of the classroom.  Topics include: motivation, non-verbal behaviour, teacher expectations, classroom management, class climate, student-teacher relationships, stereotype threat, teacher beliefs, student beliefs, emotions in the classroom, academic integrity - there are many possibilities.

This is the final call for papers.  We have been very excited at the excellent response to the first two calls.  Those who submitted papers in the second round can expect their reviews within the next two weeks.  We have had a rolling call for papers to give international travellers the maximum time to book flights, etc.  We will review papers and confirm acceptance within three weeks of each call.  The first round of papers was due on 1 January.  The second call was due on 12 February and this is now the final call which is for 12 March.  Please upload your submissions through our conference website.  If you are new to New Zealand and want to explore while you are here, don't forget that there is a "Conference Tours" tab on our website through which you can arrange to visit places in Auckland as well as other parts of New Zealand.

Please check out our website for more details ( http://www.eenz.com/spcic13 ) and feel free to direct any inquiries to our conference organiser: eddy@eenz.com

We look forward to seeing you there!

Kind regards
Associate Professor Christine Rubie-Davies Dr Jason Stephens Dr Penny Watson Organising Committee