[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xmca] FW: Qual Position at SIU, Carbondale
- To: " (NCRLL@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU)" <NCRLL@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [xmca] FW: Qual Position at SIU, Carbondale
- From: Peter Smagorinsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 11:21:51 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <8F9F04DEC62F7E42A4E3AC1F015C5B5E6871FD5A@BLUPRD0210MB377.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <8F9F04DEC62F7E42A4E3AC1F015C5B5E6871FD5A@BLUPRD0210MB377.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
- Thread-index: Ac4R4iPOf3+LI3zPStuKOfSVj7QLkgAnvAlw
- Thread-topic: Qual Position at SIU, Carbondale
THIS IS A FORWARDED MESSAGE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE SENDER. READ THE MESSAGE CAREFULLY FOR INFORMATION ON THE ORIGINAL SENDER
College of Education and Human Services, Southern Illinois
University Carbondale, Assistant Professor, Qualitative Research
To Begin Fall 2013
This is an Assistant Professor position to teach graduate level
courses in the area of qualitative methodology. This position's home
department is open to one of eight departments in the College of
Education and Human Services (COEHS). Home department will be
determined at time of hire. COEHS offers accredited undergraduate
and/or graduate programs in eight departments/units: Curriculum and
Instruction, Educational Administration and Higher Education,
Educational Psychology and Special Education, Health Education and
Recreation, Kinesiology, Rehabilitation Institute, Social Work, and
Workforce Education and Development. See http://ehs.siu.edu/ for more
information about our college and its programs.
Responsibilities of the Position
1. Teach courses at the graduate level (master's and doctoral) in the
areas of qualitative methodology. Teach other courses, as appropriate,
that contribute to the home department's programs and course
2. Maintain a record of scholarly productivity by initiating research
leading to publication in nationally refereed journals in the
appropriate field of interest and specialization.
3. Advise graduate students relative to their academic program requirements.
4. Assist in program planning, review, and evaluation.
5. Share supervision of clinical experiences, if applicable.
6. Serve on and chair master's and, as appropriate, doctoral committees.
7. Develop grant proposals to seek and secure external funding for
research and training. Administer grant programs as awarded.
8. Serve the constituencies of the Department, College, and University
Requirements of Candidates
1. The rank of Assistant Professor requires an earned doctorate. The
candidate's area of specialty is open but should be compatible with,
and preferably complement, a current program specialization in one of
our eight departments housed in the College of Education and Human
Services. COEHS offers accredited undergraduate and/or graduate
programs in eight departments/schools: Curriculum and Instruction,
Educational Administration and Higher Education, Educational
Psychology and Special Education, Health Education and Recreation,
Kinesiology, Rehabilitation Institute, Social Work, and Workforce
Education and Development. See http://ehs.siu.edu/ for more
information about our college and its programs.
2. Applicants of the rank of Assistant Professor who have completed
all requirements, except the dissertation, will be considered. If
official evidence of completion of the appointee's earned doctorate is
not received by August 15, 2013, the position offered will be term
appointment at the rank of Instructor and at a lower salary.
3. Background or experience in qualitative research methodology is required.
4. Potential to develop a record of research is required for the rank
of Assistant Professor.
5. Potential to develop grant proposals and receive external funding
1. Experience teaching qualitative methodology courses.
2. Graduate-level teaching experience.
3. Experience working with doctoral students.
4. Record of published qualitative research.
5. Knowledge/skills in software for qualitative analysis (e.g., NVivo).
Appointment and Salary
This is a continuing tenure-track appointment. Appointment is for a
nine-month academic year. Contingent on available funding and demand
for teaching assignments, an additional summer session appointment may
be possible. Salary is commensurate with experience and background.
Progress in rank will require demonstrations of productivity in
research and publication, teaching, and service.
Deadlines for Applicants: March 11, 2013 or until filled. Effective
Date of Employment: August 16, 2013
Complete applications must include a letter of application, curriculum
vitae, copy of unofficial transcripts, a statement of research
background, writing or publication sample, and names and contact
information for three references. All materials should be sent to this
Send PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> (Susan Wills)
Or send hard copies to
Search Committee - Qualitative Assistant Professor Position College of
Education and Human Services
Wham Building, Room 115-Mail Code 4624
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
625 Wham Drive Carbondale, IL 62901
Questions about the position may be directed to
William Crimando, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> 618 453-8293
SIU Carbondale is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer
that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and
staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student
population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will
xmca mailing list