RE: [xmca] Perezhivanie and Dewey's concept of experience

Perhaps another avenue to explore might be Ortega y Gasset's ideas on experience (which is probably in some ways reflective of Dewey) which was appropriated by Orlando Fals Borda in the concept of vivencia - which is very compelling - and became an important part of Fals-Borda's conception of Participatory Action Research.  This might then tie back to the earlier issue on PAR.

Michael
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] on behalf of mike cole [lchcmike@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 2:28 PM
To: Beth Ferholt
Cc: Galina Zuckerman; John Shotter; Boris Meshcheryakov; eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity; James Wertsch; Alexander Asmolov
Subject: Re: [xmca] Perezhivanie and Dewey's concept of experience

Thanks Beth--

I ask, firstly, because there appear quite clear overlaps as you and Monica
have been exploring.

Secondly, we have two submissions to MCA on perezhivanie that are very
focused on Russian authors. Over and above competing
exegeses of the ideas of Vygotsky, Puyzerei, etc., it seems important that
we figure out ways to explore different ways of thinking about the general
category of "experience" that will be
productive of new empirical and theoretical investigation.

mike