Re: [xmca] Events: Assistance requested

Mike,
I don't know of any intellectual traditions here but at least some people who go into event planning/special events often have a theatre management or theatre production background.  In small organizations, the position is often tied to development (fundraising) and/or public relations/communication. It's a highly stressful, complex job that requires good "relationship-building" and "communication skills" (I've helped a few people obtain these positions).
Lois

Don't forget to check out the latest at http://loisholzman.org

Lois Holzman, Ph.D.
Director, East Side Institute for Group and Short Term Psychotherapy
104-106 South Oxford St.
Brooklyn NY 11217
Chair, Global Outreach for All Stars Project UX
tel. 212.941.8906 ext. 324
fax 718.797.3966
lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org
eastsideinstitute.org