Re: [xmca] leading activity related question

Mike, as I read the 1984 article you wrote with Peg exploring the temporal
and the spatial dimensions interweaving, a question slowly formed that may
be interesting to others. It has to do with the *family resemblance* but
also contrasts of the notions of *structure* and *system*
How do others understand the shifts or *transfers* of meaning between these
metaphors which share a family resemblance.
[forestructure, foreground, foresystem]
[backstructure, background, backsystem]

These contrasting metaphors as images or *pictures* become sedimented
through continued use in developing genres WITHIN historical social
processes.  This question came *to mind* as I read the 1984 article. The
prefixes *fore* and *back* which imply *spatial* positioning are indexing
*temporal* relations.
This *transfer* of understanding within the temporal and spatial I find
intriguing.

Larry

Larry