[xmca] Vladimir Zinchenko's metaphor "culture AS inviting force"

In my continuing reflections trying to notice overlaps between cultural
historical theory and continental philosophy I came across this metaphor
from Vladimir Zinchenko.

culture AS inviting force

This metaphor could also be generated within the tradition of continental
philosophy.

for Vladimir culture is more than a context or familiar surroundings.
Culture besides being an inviting force can also engulf a person or culture
can push a person away.

A human being is FREE to accept or reject the invitation.  The invitation
consists in the DIFFERENCE OF POTENTIAL that exists between ideal and real
forms.

The person IF accepting the invitation appropriates the ideal forms and may
TRANSCEND these ideal forms.

In THIS process these cultural ideal forms TURN into personal/individual
REAL forms.  The personal/individual REAL forms in their TURN SHOULD be
able to generate new IDEAL forms. Vladimir calls these new forms monuments
to the human SPIRIT.
These monuments of the human spirit in TURN contribute to the whole BODY of
ideal forms.

In the absence to accepting this invitation THIS dynamism would stop and
the development of culture would stop.

I ventriloquated these ideas from an article Vladimir wrote in 2002 titled
"From Classical to Organic Psychology: In Commemoration of the Centenial of
Vygotsky's Birth"

As I read THIS description of Vladimir's interpretation and translation of
cultural historical theory the metaphor of culture AS inviting force and
our being able to accept or reject the invitation shared a certain
sense-ability with continental philosophy.  Also the  description of the
dynamism between human spirit and monuments OF the human spirit as TURNING
and TRANSCENDENCE also share a certain sense ability with continental
philosophy.

Larry