Re: [xmca] http://marxismocritico.com/category/psicologia-marxista/

Charles, Haydi, Martin

In our reflections on boundaries I would like to add a fragment from page
66 of Mike Cole and Karl Levitin's article "A Cultural Historical View of
Human Nature. I accessed this article on the website that is the heading of
this thread:

http://marxismocritico.com/category/psicologia-marxista/

The fragment on page 66 is:
"in place of a static triangle, he [Mike Cole] he suggests that one think
of a triangle [subject-cultural medium-object] with a GAP where the
"natural and "cultural" lines intersect; according to this view, precise
coincidence of the two sources of information about the object is rare and
fleeting, so that the subject must actively engage in a process of CONSTANT
RECONCILIATION of discordant information.  CONSCIOUSNESS, in this view is
THAT process of reconciliation, occurring over time in the course of human
action"

The question of where to draw the distinctions or boundary markers between
ideal and material , interior and exterior, etc must be considered  within
this continually active reconciliation of immediate and mediated
consciousness.  John Shotter's understanding of "spontaneous
responsiveness" as presentational is an "aspect" of this reconciliation of
the "gap".

Larry